Monday, March 24, 2014

Freewriote, i will never.

"I will never do this again"
I can remember the feeling of embarrassment in myself. It was almost like every eye burned a hole in my face tears rushed to my eyes and i was pretty sure i wouldn't make it out alive. I did, but for a time i felt i wouldn't. An hour prior to this feeling I was enjoying my Saturday. It was like any other summer day in southern Mississippi. Hot, humid and morose. It was in the midst of my fourteenth year, and that day, despite the morose atmosphere i was feeling pretty good. My grandfather had asked me to mow his grass, which i did without much issue. It took hours and afterward I was hot, and sweaty. With the new dollars crushed into my pocket i knew exactly where i wanted to go. R&B's Quik-Stop was just up the road, a quick walk and i would be there. Cold Gatorade sliding down my parched throat was all i could think of. But then temptation reared it's head. After arriving there i walked straight to the back of the store, where the tall drink coolers were standing. as i glanced up from my feet, i caught the eyes of the most beautiful girl i had seen. I wasn't usually popular with girls, but to my surprise, she smiled. Her blonde hair pulled into a nappy ponytail, bangs cascaded over her sparkling blue eyes. She was perfect. While my mind was focused on her, my feet kept walking. I craned my neck around to continue the eye contact that had my pulse racing. my pace quickened. The next thing i remember was the crash, the sound shook the store. I looked up just in time to see myself plummeting towards myself, or at least my reflection in the cooler's glass door. It crashed to it's side, shattering the door and spilling it's contents all over the store. My nose was bleeding. Everyone looked at me and in the shock i screamed a curse. That's the last time i don't watch where i'm going.


I completely forgot to use my vision. 

"She was Blonde"

I was filled with awe, golden rays of sunlight could only emphasize the Starshine-Hue of her draped and cascading locks. Brought out to stand in the moonlit summer night. The wind blew strands of divinity, and the sweet smell of temptation across my face, tickling the senses.  Then i woke up, in my freezing cold apartment, clutching a dirty, damp cloth. It took a few moments to realize it was the dress she was buried in.


"The toddler is angry"
I was not a bad boy! I am not breaking the rules! I am not doing anything wrong! I want to go home! I'm tired of being too little for anything! I can't even make my own drinks, or lunch, or snack! I can't cross the road without DADDY! I WANT TO WATCH DORA AND BOOTS! I don't care if you don't like it when i yell, or throw my toys. I HATE TIME OUT! I will never eat my vegetables!

It begins with hunger. And soon it over-powers my laziness. I have to get up, a quick survey shows my ingredients. Choose them hastily, don't mess up. Salt, pepper, and additional spices are chosen. A fresh clove of garlic is recommended. The butter must be heated with the oil, it makes for a better texture. Drop in the garlic and watch carefully as it caramelizes. While it cooks prepare the sauce, Worcestershire red peppers, lime and mango into the blender, blend it up fine, then mix in the vinegar.  Now for the fish, three White Tilapia filets are chosen, tossed into the skillet, on top of the softened buttery garlic cloves. add salt and pepper, onion powder, forgot the lemon juice. Add it hastily and hope it doesn't mess up. then a bit of the sauce. Mix it together and watch as the colors change and the aromas intensify.  Lower the temperature, and cover. Let the sauce and scented seasons mix with the fish. The smell is almost overpowering and extraordinary. Now the boiler, melt the butter into the basin and add flour, makes for a good Roux Then the sauce and a bit of cream. Stir and feel the resistance on your spoon grow as the sauce thickens from the roux. Add a few more seasonings, then add mushrooms, green onion, and finally a bit more Worcestershire sauce, for color and flavor. The fish is removed gently from the skillet, now brown and tender. The sauce is thickened and the sweet and spicy aroma are strong, but not overwhelming. Swirl the purple-and yellow colored sauce onto the white fish filets. Garnish with parsley as desired, and a slice of Roma tomato. For a break in flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment