Sunday, February 9, 2014

Freewriting credo.

Do better than yesterday, this is the experience I choose to live. In this way I can never reach my best. Maybe my best today, but tomorrow I can do even better, a peak in performance is not acceptable it must always be improved. Like the gladiator in Rome I picture every task as a potential for being my last, in this way I should always be better than myself and in every way, if a gladiator had a bad Monday or an off Tuesday it would result in his death. If he was not always improving he would be beaten, a warrior defeated is a warrior dishonored. This is not acceptable. Now I stand in the sand of my personal arena, facing the demons and harbingers of failure, I must hone my sword and punish any error. Honing my mind and improving my abilities is the only option. If I make my best better, hold myself to a higher standard I can never be defeated. Each day is a battle and each victory a motivation for an even higher calling. Life as I see it is a constant practice of patience. Patience is an accomplice of sympathy one of the few great abilities of human nature. However arguably the best aspect of human emotion is compassion. The ability to see another’s suffering and relate it to one’s self. In this, I believe compassion is key to understanding. Had the gladiators shown compassion then perhaps the modern society would view them as more than murderers, perhaps even heroes.

No comments:

Post a Comment