Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Fear loop #1

Is it merely the thought of something sinister waiting in the dark that makes us afraid? As i awoke for reasons unknown i stared into the pitch black room, afraid to move or breathe. The cold sweat brought forth from the nightmare was still caught on my skin,  i started to relax, my breathing slowing and pulse declining until i almost felt okay again. I struggled for a moment to remember my dream....


          Standing alone i was staring at the sky, the normally peaceful night was disrupted by a red glow, as if seeing a city from some distance. Even looking straight up i could see the tower, black and tall it loomed in the night sky, brightened by a swirl of clouded thoughts and distant nightmares. There were no physical lights on the tower just a red.....glow. Feeling a push on my mind from something that was not my own i stepped forward, i stood before the massive door waiting to step inside. Reaching forward i rapped once lightly on the steel, It creaked, cracked and swung open in front of me, not the whole door, just a smaller one built into it. Didn't make much sense, but dreams rarely do. This was my thinking as i stepped into the absolute darkness. There is no such thing as "Darker darkness" one can't add shadow only remove light, this being the case i found myself standing in absolute darkness, no light had seen this place for many lifetimes, if not ever. In the stillness and silence i could hear my blood flowing loudly in my ear.

        I wanted to take a step, but was paralyzed by fear, the daunting physical realization that i could be in very real danger was my every thought, what could be waiting for me?. The answer to that question was not only elusive but unpredictable, it ran through my blood bringing a chill of unsuppressed thought, many things vied for first place as a respected name. .

No comments:

Post a Comment